Thursday, March 17, 2011

Movies You're Dying to See

This is a quick in-and-out.

Ha! You thought I was dead. Unless, of course, you follow me on Flickr. I'm still putting up pictures. I haven't been doing much writing of late, but that may change as a publisher has come sniffing. In the meantime, a resumption of a couple columns I did in the past listing movies containing cemetery scenes. This edition of the list starts a little over two years ago and is in the order of seeing them, oldest at the top. The most recent movie on the list, The Sicilian Girl, has an extensive night scene in a cemetery beautifully lit by candles.

Transsiberian
The Woodsman
The Edge of Heaven
Moving Midway
Twilight Samurai
Genghis Blues
Tailor of Panama
Walt with Bashur
Sin Nombre
The Last Enemy
Cherry Blossoms
Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Unstrung Heroes
Bus 174
The Bad Lieutenant: New Orleans
Eyes without a Face
Young and the Dead
Never Forever
Cloud Nine
Lilian's Story
Paris
Shutter Island
Amores Perros
On a Clear Day
Common Ground
Lars and the Real Girl
Winter's Bones
Metal: A Headbanger's Journey
As In Heaven
Thin Red Line
Welcome
Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia
The Parking Lot Movie
The Girl Who Played with Fire
Lomax: The Song Hunter
Jar City
Welcome to the Rileys
The Tillman Story
Which Way Home
The Sicilian Girl

Break out the popcorn!

2 comments:

Sheri Fenley said...

I'm so pleased to hear that you are still among the living. I truly miss your wit, snark and wisdom on all things cemetery-ish.

Oh and your wonderful photos. I've missed you!

katiekono said...

Wonderful posts (about cemetery markers and movies!) But you missed one of my favorites: "Expiration Date." Filmed in Seattle by a friend of my ex-husband... All I will tell you is that it's about death by milk truck! Let me know how you liked it!