Thursday, November 5, 2009

Campos Santos of New Mexico

A quick note here to alert you to an incredible selection of photos from New Mexican Campos Santos graveyards at a site called Crossroad. Their essential purpose "preserving the Unendowed cemeteries or 'Campos Santos' of New Mexico, as the saced and endangered places they are." I have put a link to them over on the side bar under "Dead on connections," so it'll be easy to find.m It's hard to look at them and not think of the cemeteries of their distant cousins, the Native Americans, who live up here. Certainly there is a form of continuity between them.

What the society does, beside taking evocative photos, is unexplained further. Whatever it is, I support it and strongly urge you to look at the pictures.

2 comments:

Joe Dallmann said...

My favorite cemetery blog...I have received the Kreativ Blogger award and now I'm passing it on to you... http://cemeteryexplorers.blogspot.com/2009/11/cemetery-explorers-has-received.html

Unknown said...

Gracias, amigo. I'll try to deserve it.